Oh no, I Spilt Red Wine on my Carpets in Marrickville NSW , Clean & Clear Carpet Cleaning recognize that every property has invested a large amount of money in its carpets and every household or office wishes to maintain this investment by keeping the carpets clean and fresh. The spillage of red wine on lovely clean carpets is a massive fear of most householders and therefore we have decided to provide some excellent tips as how best to deal with this horrible scenario.
3 important things to consider:
(1) Time is critical – First of all, don’t panic, however, it is important that you deal with the issue immediately. If red wine is allowed time, it will settle into the carpet fibers making it very hard to remove.
(2) Blotting – It is important to gently blot the carpet rather than rubbing it vigorously. More damage can be caused by rubbing.
(3) Do not over wet – Do not over wet the carpet at any point during the cleaning procedure. This can cause shrinkage. It is important that the spillage area is dry when finished.
Stain Removal Step 1 – Blot the spillage
As soon as the spillage occurs, use a clean white cloth and blot the area of carpet where the spillage has occurred. Some carpets are very absorbent and therefore it is important that we soak up as much of the stain as possible immediately so that the carpet fibers do not absorb the red wine.
Stain Removal Step 2 – Remove the stain using one of 3 home solutions:
(1) White wine – Pour some white wine on the stained carpet (vodka can also work). It is true that white wine can help, as it will neutralize the chemicals in the red wine thereby making it easier to remove the stain from the carpet. Once poured on, gently blot the carpet with a clean towel until dry.
(2) Club soda – Pour club soda onto the stained carpet and then gently blot with a clean dry towel until dry. The carbonation effect will help lift the stain, whilst the salt in the club soda will prevent the red wine from settling in the carpet fibers.
(3) Cold water – If you do not have any white wine, vodka or club soda then you can clean the stained carpet by simply pouring cold water on the spillage. Pour and then blot the carpet. Repeat until the stain no longer exists. Please ensure that the water is cold and not warm. Warm water will open the carpet fibers up.
Stain Removal Step 3 – Use of household chemicals
Oh no I Spilt Red Wine on My Carpets in Marrickville NSW
If the stain persists then use one of the following:
(1) Carpet Stain Removal spray – apply according to instructions at back of spray.
(2) Carpet shampoo and Hydrogen Peroxide – Mix a teaspoonful of carpet shampoo with a cupful of hydrogen peroxide (household bleach). Soak a sponge into the solution. Then blot the sponge onto the stained carpet area until the stain fades. It is important not to squeeze the sponge and put too much of the solution onto the carpet as this can cause your natural carpet colour to fade. Once the stain has faded then the carpet area must be neutralized. Apply warm water to the spot and blot with a clean towel until dry.
Please don't try step 2 if your not sure as it can casue more damage than good.
Stain Removal Step 4 – Ensure the area is dry
It is important that the carpet is dry to finish the procedure. Therefore continue to blot the carpet area until dry or use a hairdryer to speed up the process.
If Stain Persists:
Call Clean & Clear Carpet Cleaning as soon as possible and we can help remove the stain. We have expert knowledge, industrial strength cleaning chemicals and equipment that will help get your carpet looking perfect again. We can also advise how best to take care of your carpets and put in place preventative measures to help keep your carpet stain free.
(1) Apply a Carpet / Upholstery Protector - This acts as an invisible shield that protects the carpet and upholstery from water and oil based stains and also lowers the resoiling and wear rate. Any red wine spillage would not immediately soak into the carpet but instead would create a bead on top of it. This would allow you time to simply go to your kitchen, get kitchen towel and use to soak up the spillage. You will never say "Oh no I Spilt Red wine on my Carpets in Marrickville NSW" again.
(2) Join Clean & Clear Carpet Cleaning's Maintenance Plan - We offer clients a maintenance package whereby clients receive 2 full house carpet cleans per year, a free carpet protector each year (value $400) and free unlimited access to callouts for spot and stain removal. Therefore if the worst happens and you are unable to get rid of a red wine stain then we shall come out and remove it for you. By joining the maintenance plan you could save up to $550 per year on your carpet cleaning costs. For more details please call 1300 793 447